Enriched with argan oil to transform and nourish even the driest skin, My Moroccan is an intensely hydrating bronzing treatment that delivers a super dark brown skin finish. Proven to protect skin against environmental damage and other skin aging factors, argan oil contains beneficial nutrients recognized to assist in alleviating stretch marks, wrinkles, fine lines and dry skin.
Rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids, argan oil is an incredible skin therapy experience that works to hydrate and soften skin. Argan oil seals in moisture and protects skin from free radicals and other damaging environmental effects. It absorbs instantly into your skin to nourish it while you tan, all to give you softer, more hydrated skin and to make your tan last longer.
What should I do before I tan?
Prepping your skin can make the difference for the perfect result. With these tips and tricks, applying Minetan Self Tan products and keeping your picture perfect tan will be easy:
- Exfoliate and moisturize 24 hours before you apply your self tan, paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles and problem dry areas.
- Wax or shave at least 48 hours prior to treatment. This allows the pores time to close. Dotting in pores may appear if not adhered to.
- For the entire 24 hours before you apply your self tan avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, oil based products or in-shower moisturizers. These products may act as a barrier against your skin and can prevent the fast acting tanning agents to develop.
- Before applying your self tan, make sure your skin is clean and dry. Keep in mind that too much moisture causes tanning product to slide right off the skin. Don’t apply moisturizing lotion except in light amounts on your knees and elbows — the areas where tanner generally absorbs too much. This helps stop these areas from getting too dark.
- Don’t apply moisturiser, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of application.
When should I shower?
- Shower in 1 hour for a natural tan
- Shower in 2 hours for a dark tan
- Shower in 3+ hours for a deep dark tan
- After an hour (or longer – if you choose), shower quickly for 45 secs, with lukewarm water. The brown bronzers will wash away, while the fast tan actives continue to work and deepen. DO NOT USE USE HOT WATER. It stops the development of tan actives during the development time. This is a common mistake people make, especially in the colder months. Once you shower, you can wear your favorite clothes, go out of the house and definitely not stain the bed sheets. Your tan will develop into a natural tan without the hassle of fake tan staining and smell.
What should I do after my tan?
- Wear dark loose clothing; tight clothing or underwear may cause marks. Wear loose fitting shoes.
- Shower lightly in cold – lukewarm water for 45 seconds ONLY after your desired development time. Use plain water, don’t use shower gels, scrubs, shampoos or loofah during the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- Pat your skin dry. Do not rub or scrub your skin.
- Moisturize everyday after applying your self tan. Use a MineTan Everyday Glow Gradual Tan so the tan is continually being topped up and your tan lasts longer.
- After day 5, exfoliate with a soft body polish on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturizer and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous. This also helps the tan fade naturally, rather than in patches.